This year has been so full of... well, of everything. I am trying to fit it all in before graduation, the idea of which is terrifying and exhilarating. I have no idea what post-graduation has in store for me, which has me a little worried, but more excited than anything else. I have never not known where I was going and I certainly have never been okay with it.
I wish I could say that the O-Team dreamland had lasted. Maybe for a few it did; I know it did. But not for me. That's a shame but nothing I didn't expect and its probably partly my fault.
I wish Grandma Muffy were here to see me now and whisper in my ear some sort of instructions for dealing with everything. I'm on overload.
This summer has been one of the most insane so far. I worked orientation until the last week of July, which I spent in Allegany as per usual. Then I was home for a few days before spending a week in Alabama. I got home on August 5 and I go back to school on the 17th.
Monday, Jess and I went to Rochester to see Mayday Parade. We met up with Alexis (and Jordan) and Kalee (and Faith). It felt like I was reliving some of the better moments of high school. Maybe because I was surrounded by sixteen-year olds and all of the opening bands were local high schoolers. Mayday Parade opened with "Jamie All Over" and played "Three Cheers for Five Years" three songs in. We all had a blasty-blast, except for Drew who got there only to find out that tickets were sold out :( <-my sad face. It was the last show that I will ever need Xs on my hands for. That felt good.
I am ready to get this year started.
I am pretty painfully bored. It is 2:00 and I haven't gotten out of bed yet. I finished a book, read act 2 of A Midsummer Night's Dream and caught up on all of the Harper's Island episodes. I could go for a run, but I am lazy.
Yesterday I went to see UP with Robbie. Then we went to dinner at Friendly's. All things considered, a successful trip. UP was really cute.
I have nothing important to say.
AH! So bored!!!
I just finished my first week working in the Orientation office this summer. It feels like home. Working with Kellan is different and welcome. He has so much energy and excitement. He wants to do everything. It leaves me wondering what there is left for me to have to do. I found out some unfortunate news that I can't share yet. It makes me a little bummed, but it is for the best. No worries, its nothing big and it is actually a good thing.
I live across the hall from Kristin and Kelly is around, too. We have wonderful Gilmore Girls fests and are half way through the first season. Tonight, we are taking a break to watch Role Models.
Last night, we got caught in a thunderstorm on our way back from the Hickey. It was awesome. The puddles were warm around our feet and the raindrops were humongous (full of girth, if you will, haha). We tried to get the least amount wet as possible, which of course made it worse, but none of us really minded. The rain was welcome after some oppressive days. It was when I was running through the rain that I thought that I should post again. Those are the moments that we easily forget, but they are the ones that make everything worth it.
The Laurel finally came in. It is wonderful, except for the few mistakes that I should have caught and am beating up myself over not catching. Its wonderful to see in print. I will get a copy to anyone who wants one on campus over the summer. They will be in the news stands in the fall.
In truly superficial news, I switched shampoos, which after much deliberation, we decided smells like gummy bears. I have decided I can live with smelling like technicolored candy, because my hair is so damn soft.
I have been good about going to the gym and decent in my eating habits, too. It isn't hard when there is little else to do. We all have been going a lot.
Until next time, my dear readers (because I am just that popular), toodles.
P.S. I think Kellan's healthy self-esteem is wearing off on me.
1 I've come to realize that my chest-size...
nothing knew there
2. I've come to realize that my job(s)...
might not be the starting point for my career
3. I've come to realize that when I'm driving...
I think, a lot
4. I've come to realize that I need....
a meaningful relationship
5. I've come to realize that I have lost...
25 pounds, but I want more
6. I've come to realize that I hate...
feeling like i'm not going anywhere
7. I've come to realize that if I'm drunk...
I'm fun to be around
8. I've come to realize that money...
is a necessary evil and I don't make enough of it
9. I've come to realize that certain people...
will never change
10. I've come to realize that I'll always ...
11. I've come to realize that my sibling(s)...
mean everything to me
12. I've come to realize that my mom...
and I are too much alike
13. I've come to realize that my cell phone...
isn't that important
14. I've come to realize that when I woke up this morning...
i was on the couch
15. I've come to realize that last night before I went to sleep..
i was sleeping on the couch
16. I've come to realize that right now I am thinking...
about things that aren't real
17. I've come to realize that my dad...
is a lot like me
18. I've come to realize that when I get on Facebook...
I stalk specific pages
19. I've come to realize that today...
20. I've come to realize that tonight....
I get to see Hilary
21. I've come to realize that tomorrow...
22. I've come to realize that I really want to...
say what's on my mind
23. I've come to realize that the person who is most likely to repost this is...
liz, if she weren't getting ready for Italy
24. I've come to realize that life...
keeps going until it stops
25. I've come to realize that this weekend...
26. I've realized the best music to listen to when I am upset...
goo goo dolls
27. I've come to realize that my friends...
depend on me, but I don't depend on them
28. I've come to realize that this year...
is the beginning of the end
30. I've come to realize maybe I should...
31. I've come to realize I love...
32. I've come to realize that I don't understand...
33. I've come to realize my past..
is in the past
34. I've come to realize that parties...
are overrated, but maybe I should have attended more of them
35. I've come to realize that I'm totally terrified...
36. I've come to realize that my life...
who knows, not i
We all forget some dreams along the way, but I might have found mine again.
If you open this you take it.
You are NOT ALLOWED to explain ANYTHING unless someone messages you and asks.
Tag eleven people.
Answer True or False
Q: Been arrested? False
Q: Do you like someone? True
Q: Held a snake? True
Q: Been suspended from school? False
Q: Sang karaoke? True
Q: Done something you told yourself you wouldn't do? True
Q: Laughed until you started crying? True
Q: Caught a snowflake on your tongue? True
Q: Kissed in the rain? True.
Q: Sang in the shower? True
Q: Sat on a roof top? True
Q: Been pushed into a pool with all your clothes on? True
Q: Broken a bone? False
Q: Shaved your head? False
Q: Played a prank on someone? True
Q: Shot a gun? false
Q: Donated Blood? True
1. You hung out with? Bobby
2. You texted? Claire Bear
3. You were in a car with? Lizzie
4. Went to the movies with? Cassie and Justice
5. Person you went to shop with? Rob and Lizzie
6. You talked on the phone? Cassey Rae
7. Made you laugh? Bobby
8. You hugged? Lizzie
1. Sun or moon? moon
2. Winter or Fall? Fall
3. Left or Right? Left
4. Sunny or rainy? rainy
5. Where do you live? 408 Shay
6. Club or pub? Pub
7. Are there 1 or 2 people who you can always trust and rely on? yes
8. Do you want to get married?
9. Do you twirl your spaghetti or cut it? Twirl
10. What time is it? 12:30 AM
11. Are you afraid of commitment? no and yes
12. What is your greatest hope/wish? to love and to be loved in return...
13. Do you cook? yes
14. Current mood? contemplative
IN THE LAST 48 HOURS HAVE YOU...
1. Kissed someone? nope
2. Sang? yes
3. Listened to music? Currently
4. Danced Crazy? yes
5. Cried? no
6. Liked someone you can't have? yes
25 FIRSTS .....
1. Who was your first prom/ball date? Justin
2. Who was your first roommate? Lizzie-Head aka Roomie-Head
3. What alcoholic beverage did you drink when you got drunk the first time? wine, bad life decision
4. What was your first job? baby-sitting and paper route
5. What was your first car? The General- '89 Buick Century of questionable color
6. When did you go to your first funeral and viewing? Grandma when I was 15
8. Who was your first grade teacher? Mrs. Jacobic
9. Where did you go on your first ride on an airplane? Bermuda
10. Who was your first best friend? Tressa (but if you asked me back then I would have said Kyle)
11. Who was your first Best Friend in high school? Claire
12. Where was your first sleepover? Shelbi's
15. Who is the first person you call when you have a bad day? no one, unless it is really bad, then my mom or ada
16. Who's wedding were you in the first time you were a Bridesmaid or Groomsman? Bridesmaid: Aunt Lori, flower girl: my mom's friend Sandy?
17. What's the first thing you did when you got up this morning? put on glasses
18. What was the first concert you went to? Goo Goo Dolls
19. What was the last concert you went to? Spring Weekend
20. First tattoo or piercing? ears:4ish, real piercing: 15 tattoo: 19
21. First celebrity crush? J.T.T
22. Current celebrity crush? idk
23. First crush? Timmy
24. First date? idk
25. First time you tied your shoe laces? idk
Five names you go by:
(In order of use)
Three things you are wearing right now:
2. blue shirt
3. my fave white blanket sweater
Three things you want very badly at the moment:
1. 3:00 AM
2. to know everything for my natty world exam
3. to cuddle
Two things you did last night:
Two things you ate today:
1. ice cream :)
Two people you last talked to on the phone:
1. Cassey Rae
Three things you are going to do tomorrow:
1. Natty World exam
Two longest car rides:
1. N. Carolina
2. Alabama (okay, I'm anticipating)
3. Long Island Ice Tea
1. sweet tea
Gardens East, here I come!!! with roomates!
Today was warm and wonderful. I got to wear a top that showed off the new tat and have a sunburn as a consequence. I did work outside on the porch, walked on the trail and went to a baseball game. I saw people that I haven't seen since shay-lo 07-08. Shay-Lo picnic was a success, mostly and a lot of fun. Tonight, Don, Banger and I hung out outside for hours. People drifted in and out of our little circle. Banger brought down a guitar and every sang-along to sing-along kinda of songs. Some other people played and by the end of it all about 10 of us were all singing "Closing Time" and "Semi-Charmed." Tomorrow I get to go for icecream with Justice and Mike.
I am now on twitter www.twitter.com/rehacbr
10. budget for the summer
11. RA stuff
17. 10 more pounds, 5 would be acceptable